On the average, a blink lasts about 100ms

• Thread starter ajbryant
  • Start date

ajbryant

on the average, a blink lasts about 100ms. how far does a MiG-25 foxbat fighter travels during a pilot blink if the plane average velocity is 2500mi/h. my answer is 69.4

what is the acceleration of a car that moves at a steady velocity of 115 km/h for 115 seconds? my answer is 115km/h. the explanation of this answer is b/c the steady velocity of the acceleration of the car is going in the same of 115km/h as it is in 115 sec.

a car takes 14s to go from v=0 to v=30m/s at approximately constant acceleration. if you wish to find the distance traveled using the equation d = 1/2at^2, what value should you use for a?

Last edited by a moderator:
2500 mph / 3600 (seconds per hour) = .6944444
one tenth of that is about 1/16 of a mile in a tenth of a second.

Steady velocity means no acceleration, (it would have to be traveling straight technically speaking)

a= (v2-v1)/(t2-t1)

or, the change in velocity over the change in time

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
"my answer is 69.4"
69.4 WHAT? Your answer doesn't make sense without units: miles?, feet?, meters? and thinking about how the units match up might help you see how to get the answer.

"what is the acceleration of a car that moves at a steady velocity of 115 km/h for 115 seconds?"
Are you sure you have copied the question correctly? At a minimum you should know that "acceleration" MEANS the rate at which velocity is CHANGING. If the car "moves at a steady velocity" then the acceleration is 0.

"my answer is 115km/h. the explanation of this answer is b/c the steady velocity of the acceleration of the car is going in the same of 115km/h as it is in 115 sec."
Once again, check your units. Acceleration is km/h2, not km/h. Understanding that may help. By the way, "the steady velocity of the acceleration" makes no sense at all!

"a car takes 14s to go from v=0 to v=30m/s at approximately constant acceleration. if you wish to find the distance traveled using the equation d = 1/2at^2, what value should you use for a?"
WHY should you use that formula. It is NEVER a good idea to use a formula that you don't understand. When you learned the formula you should have learned what "d", "a", and "t" MEANT. Knowing that, the answer is easy.