On the dynamic equivalence of the corpuscular theory and space-time mediation of lig

In summary: Expert SummarizerIn summary, UD presents the Proper Interval Locality Interpretation as a solution to the Compton Effect, stating that it is equivalent to being struck locally by a photon. However, this argument has been met with criticism for lacking evidence and not fully explaining the dynamics of the zero interval interpretation. UD believes that when considering interference and entanglement, proper interval locality provides a more self-consistent theory of light. Despite some initial criticism, UD continues to explore and discuss new ideas in the field of physics.
UglyDuckling
In the Compton Effect Revisited The Proper Interval Locality Interpretation (http://www.electrodynamics-of-special-relativity.com/Compton-Effect ) we showed that a zero interval strike from a bound electron in a remote quantum system was the equivalent of being struck locally by a photon since the energy and the momentum delivered by the photon or the remote quantum system are related by:

E = Pc where c is the speed of light.

We argued that the Compton effect by itself does not allow us to distinguish between these two possibilities. Only by examining the interference and entanglement effects can we interpret proper interval locality as the preferred model for the propagation of light.

This argument was severely criticised by the members of Physics forums for lacking meat and not walking the walk with respect to the dynamics of the zero interval interpretation. My view at the time was that it was necessary only to simultaneously conserve the energy and momentum and as the energy momentum relationship was identical to that for the photon then the dynamics will be identical to the standard theory. For the Compton effect only the interpretation differs.

My argument was when interference and entanglement are considered along side experiments that seem to indicate the corpuscular nature of light then proper interval locality provides a more general self-consistent theory of light.

My assumption that it was obvious that proper interval locality dynamics for the Compton effect reduces to standard QM, was a mistake and clearly adversely affected the credibility of the argument. That is a pity since PIL appears to be a beautiful solution to the inconsistencies between Special Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.

On a lighter note to the question.

“Who is TD”

My reply can be found at: -

http://www.electrodynamics-of-special-relativity.com/Modern-Physics-view-from-the-duckpond

All the action is beneath the surface.

UD

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org

Dear UD,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Compton Effect and the Proper Interval Locality Interpretation. As a fellow scientist, I appreciate your dedication to exploring new ideas and theories in the field of physics.

I understand that your initial argument may have been met with criticism, but I believe it is important to continue exploring and discussing different interpretations and possibilities in order to further our understanding of the universe.

I also find your concept of proper interval locality to be intriguing and potentially valuable in reconciling the inconsistencies between Special Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. However, as you mentioned, it is important to provide evidence and demonstrations to support this theory in order to gain credibility in the scientific community.

As for the question of "Who is TD," I am not familiar with this reference, but I will check out the link you provided for more information.

Keep up the good work in your research and I look forward to seeing more of your ideas and theories in the future.

1. What is the corpuscular theory and how does it differ from space-time mediation?

The corpuscular theory is a scientific explanation of the nature of matter, which states that all matter is made up of tiny, indivisible particles called corpuscles. Space-time mediation, on the other hand, is a theory that describes the relationship between space and time as a unified concept, rather than separate entities.

2. How do the corpuscular theory and space-time mediation relate to one another?

The corpuscular theory and space-time mediation are often seen as competing theories, with the former focusing on the nature of matter and the latter on the nature of space and time. However, some scientists have proposed that the two theories can be reconciled through the concept of dynamic equivalence, which suggests that both theories are valid descriptions of reality in different contexts.

3. What evidence supports the dynamic equivalence of the corpuscular theory and space-time mediation?

There is no clear consensus among scientists on whether the corpuscular theory and space-time mediation are dynamically equivalent. However, some studies have shown that certain phenomena, such as the behavior of light, can be explained by both theories, further supporting the idea of dynamic equivalence.

4. Are there any criticisms of the concept of dynamic equivalence?

Yes, there are some criticisms of the concept of dynamic equivalence. Some scientists argue that the two theories are fundamentally incompatible and cannot be reconciled. Others argue that dynamic equivalence is a vague and untestable concept, making it difficult to determine its validity.

5. How does the concept of dynamic equivalence impact our understanding of the universe?

If the concept of dynamic equivalence is accepted, it could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe. It would suggest that there is no single, absolute truth about the nature of matter and space-time, but rather multiple valid perspectives that can coexist and complement each other. This could lead to new insights and advancements in our scientific understanding of the universe.