On the moove

1. *Kia*

*Kia* 18
    Gold Member

Hi everyone, tis wollie, i will be in my new home on wednesday, a cottage in
    the country, looking on to a range of hills called burton dasset, the cottage is
    small, but has a lounge kitchen bathroom and three bedrooms, i will have to get a connection to the net, that may take a week or so.
    i hope i have not missed to much, and you are all well :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Danger

Danger 9,878
    Gold Member

On the moove? Are you riding a cow?

4. Sounds beautiful! I wonder if the country spiders will be as friendly as your city ones were?

5. *Kia*

*Kia* 18
    Gold Member

City ? Hypatia, i have all ways lived in a village, but now i will be living in a
    hamlet, some thing like 50 houses, no shops pubs :cry: though that will be
    good for me, the most dangerous entities out there will be the nefarious
    cow pats, wiked things that attack ones wellies and klingon with all thier might, and attack the nasal passages, city people have been known to pass
    out at the sight of one these critters.
    any city slickers out there are welcome to vist, and i will take you on a safari
    that will be memorable, the accomodation is limited though as as yet i have only one bed:frown: :biggrin:

6. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aha! So that was you posting as *Kia* in your birthday thread! I thought at first your daughter was hitting on me. :rofl:

I am glad you are getting settled in your new abode. With all those cow pies around, you could make a fine living making and selling these popular clocks:
    http://www.cowpieclocks.com/
    [​IMG]

7. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good to hear you're getting settled into a new home. It sounds quite nice. I like having cows as neighbors (they're only a bit rude about having loud conversations at 5 AM in the summer outside the open windows, but they're still better than most neighbors I've had in the past). :biggrin:

8. I used to live by a dairy. yuck. the pig farm was worse, but cows are stinky too. I don't know if I've ever told you this before, but I don't like cows. they are just big dumb, snotty, stinky bags of meat.

9. Evo

Staff: Mentor

:surprised I have cows across the street from me. I can open my front door and hear moos. Although sometimes it sounds like they're being murdered. :bugeye: :frown:

10. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wolram, your new house sounds delightful!!!! I want to come visit!

11. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've never minded the smell of cattle. It just makes me think of fresh, country air. I don't smell the ones next to me though....then again, when I come home smelling like sheep every day, I don't think I would notice cows.

12. especially the "one bed" part.
    actually his place makes me think James Herriot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?