1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

On The Period of Kx^n

1. Feb 21, 2005 #1
    Hi

Does someone know where I can get access to the following article on the internet without paying for it?

"The Period of [itex]F = -kx^{n}[/itex] Harmonic Motion" by Chris Hirata and David Thiessen, The Physics Teacher, December 1995, page 563

Additionally if you are aware of textbooks/internet sites which discuss this mathematically, please do let me know.

Thanks and cheers
    Vivek

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No.Have you checked a good LIBRARY...?Maybe paper is better than e-format...Sure,you can print it,if you have it in e-format,but a library may have free online subscription to the magazine...

Daniel.

4. Feb 21, 2005 #3

krab

Science Advisor

Google something more specific, like "quartic potential well". Lotsa hits to that.

5. Feb 23, 2005 #4
    Thanks for your replies. Well, I tried searching this in the database of the nearest library I have access to...in vain. If you know where I can get information about this topic (and not necessarily from the same source) please do let me know.

Cheers
    vivek

6. Feb 23, 2005 #5

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You mean that they didn't have the collection of the magazine/journal including the issue with the article...?I assume you searched at an UNIVERSITY library...That's weird.One thing is for sure:it's definitely at the Library of Congress.So if your Quantum Corral has a nonzero probability of being in Washington,you might wanna check it out...:wink:

As for [itex]r^{n} [/itex] potentials and closed orbits,there's definitely a chapter and a theorem in 3-rd ed.of Goldstein...:wink:

Daniel.

7. Feb 23, 2005 #6
    Thanks for the reference to Goldstein....

Cheers
    vivek

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?