Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

One-Constant Margules To Represent Benzene - 2,2,4 - Trimethyl pentane

1. Apr 1, 2010 #1
    In the book, "Chemical, Biochemical, and Engineering Thermodynamics", 4th Edition - Stanley I. Sandler, Univ. of Delaware

On Pg. 435,the diagram (Fig 9.5-4) has been provided, which has been attached as a file. This represents the experimental activity coefficient data for the "benzene-2,2,4 trimethyl pentane mixture" and the correlation of these data obtained using the One-Constant Margules equation.

Illustration 9.5-1 asks to test the accuracy of the One-Constant Margules equation in correlating these data.

In the solution of this question, the book says that

I'm extremely confused as to why this diagram (Fig 9.5-4) is not considered to be a mirror image ?

A similar Figure (attached as fig2) has been described by the author as a mirror image. I consider both these diagrams to be identical

I hope someone can clarify my confusion

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted