One dog's toad addiction

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6376594
"We noticed Lady spending an awful lot of time down by the pond in our backyard," Laura Mirsch recalls.

Lady would wander the area, disoriented and withdrawn, soporific and glassy-eyed.

"Then, late one night after I'd put the dogs out, Lady wouldn't come in," Laura Mirsch says. "She finally staggered over to me from the cattails. She looked up at me, leaned her head over and opened her mouth like she was going to throw up, and out plopped this disgusting toad."

It turned out the toads were toxic -- and, if licked, the fluids on their skin provided a hallucinogenic effect.

What followed was the Mirsch family's quest to stop their cocker spaniel from indulging herself. But it wasn't easy. Lady was persistent, and resourceful.

Answers and Replies

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I had a bad case of toad addiction a few years ago.
Fortunately, I grew out of it, thanks to PF. :smile:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Someone should have told them about this group.
http://www.toadlickersanonymous.org/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
damn! I clicked the link. :redface: :blushing:

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Math Is Hard said:
damn! I clicked the link. :redface: :blushing:
I clicked it twice..

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
arildno said:
That's just trading one addition for another. PF often leaves me "disoriented and withdrawn, soporific and glassy-eyed", especially late at night.

arildno said:
I clicked it twice..
:rofl: :rofl:

To explain her addiction we have to assume that, because of their hallucinogenic properties, these toads, after licking, were transformed into very handsome dogs named "Prince" in Lady's eyes. We have to hope human women don't start going around kissing these toads.

Evo
Mentor
zoobyshoe said:
To explain her addiction we have to assume that, because of their hallucinogenic properties, these toads, after licking, were transformed into very handsome dogs named "Prince" in Lady's eyes. We have to hope human women don't start going around kissing these toads.
Maybe I should feed one to twisting_edge. :grumpy:

Evo said:
Maybe I should feed one to twisting_edge. :grumpy:
After a comment like that my nieces usually wind up sitting next to me on the couch while I brush their hair and they tell me how much of a so-and-so the guy is and then we go to Sonic or a record store (if they're under 21) or a dive beer joint and play pool for and hour or two. One time a niece and I went to a Kmart parking lot after Sonic and I taught her how to drive a 5-speed. (kinda) Neither of had laughed like that in a long time and its still a good memory for both of us. People were looking at us like we were both crazy and after they figured it out they just smiled, waved, and shook their head.

...so, which it it Evo? Sonic, beer joint, or speed bumps in a parking lot?

Evo
Mentor
Echo 6 Sierra said:
...so, which it it Evo? Sonic, beer joint, or speed bumps in a parking lot?
I've decided to give up my pursuit. If he's that adamant about being alone, I can't change that.

WOO-HOO!! SHE CHOOSES BEER JOINT!! Your first stagger is on me. Anyone have quarters for the pool table? Me and you vs. MIH and TSU, we break, loser buys the next round, no drinks on the table.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Echo 6 Sierra said:
WOO-HOO!! SHE CHOOSES BEER JOINT!! Your first stagger is on me. Anyone have quarters for the pool table? Me and you vs. MIH and TSU, we break, loser buys the next round, no drinks on the table.
You're kidding, right? Tsu and I would kick your little butts!

Tsu
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
You're kidding, right? Tsu and I would kick your little butts!
HARD!! :rofl:

BOINK!! I steek you een pockit and use your freend MIH ford making leetle chalks cue. Also I'm tall enough to not need a rack on none but a snooker table. And if all that dosen't work I'll just hypnomotize y'all with my pretty blue eyes. Me=flutter-flutter, y'all ladies=swoon.:approve:

huh-huh...huhuhuhuhu....she said hard.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Thats just funny to read.
ooh! another Franz sighting! :smile:

Tsu
Gold Member
arildno said:
Me, too.

Not me!! :surprised :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: