Is the One Electron Universe Theory Possible?

In summary: And how can we be sure it won't just suddenly disappear again one day?I don't think this theory is very likely, but it's definitely an interesting idea.
Ki Man
i recently finished reading Beyond Einstien by Michou Kaku, and i found an interesting theory. because antimatter is indistinguishable from matter going backwards in time, there is a theory that the universe has one electron. it went from the big bang to the big destruction as an electron, and then it was thrown back through time as antimatter. at this point the universe has one electron and one positron.

:rofl: :confused:

then time goes back to the big bang, where all of the existing pieces are thrown foreward throught time with their new clone of the original electron.

:rofl: :confused: :rofl:

and it keeps going back and forth. i think it would almost be instantaneous because they are flying forewards and backwards through time.

eventually you get this:
:rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: times infinity

this theory can kind of be compared to Back to the Future when he goes to the future just in time to see himself go into the past

heh I'm sorry about my poor explanation. blame my english teacher.

i know this theory is somewhat possible, but is it likely?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you can't use it to make predictions which can then be measured and verified it isn't much of a theory. I've read about this idea a few times before in various places, but I can't recall ever seeing anyone use it to make a prediction which could be verified, or even stating how it might be possible to develop the theory further in order to be able to make predictions.

yeah... it still doesn't make total sense to me either... the major events don't make sense to me and there are gaps that i just can't put my finger on.

so i guess this "theory" is highly unlikely, huh?

I looked at this a bit and I think that for every "cloned" electron you would need one positron. I can't draw the graphs any way to avoid it. So if all electrons in the universe were the same electron just going back (as a positron) and forth (as an electron) in time then I think we would have to observe about as many positrons as electrons. Since we don't I think the idea is incorrect.

Either that or someone smarter than me needs to draw the worldlines.

-Dale

is it time that you emphasised?

i have also read and thought about that idea and at one point i just thought time originated just as the big bang occured, it created a CONSTANT TIME and it is time what is governing everything around.everything exapnded in this universe except time, which perhaps would have been moving back and forth just as you say.

DaleSpam said:
I looked at this a bit and I think that for every "cloned" electron you would need one positron. I can't draw the graphs any way to avoid it. So if all electrons in the universe were the same electron just going back (as a positron) and forth (as an electron) in time then I think we would have to observe about as many positrons as electrons. Since we don't I think the idea is incorrect.
Either that or someone smarter than me needs to draw the worldlines.
-Dale
This "one electron" idea was, in fact, first thought up by Feynman. He threw it out the window in a day or so for the very reason you did. There aren't anywhere near enough positrons.

But what formed the electron in the first place? How did it come into existence?

1. What is the One Electron Universe Theory?

The One Electron Universe Theory proposes that all electrons in the universe are actually the same electron, constantly moving back and forth in time. This theory suggests that the concept of individual electrons is just an illusion and that there is only one electron in existence.

2. Is the One Electron Universe Theory supported by evidence?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence that supports the One Electron Universe Theory. While it is an intriguing idea, it goes against established laws of physics and has not been observed or tested experimentally.

3. What are some criticisms of the One Electron Universe Theory?

One of the main criticisms of the One Electron Universe Theory is that it goes against the principles of conservation of energy and momentum. It also does not account for the existence of antimatter or the behavior of particles in quantum mechanics.

4. Could the One Electron Universe Theory be proven or disproven?

As of now, the One Electron Universe Theory is considered a speculative hypothesis and cannot be proven or disproven without further scientific evidence. However, it is highly unlikely that this theory will be supported in the future due to its contradictions with established physical laws.

5. How does the One Electron Universe Theory relate to other theories in physics?

The One Electron Universe Theory has not been widely accepted in the scientific community and is not considered a viable explanation for the behavior of particles in the universe. It also has no connection to other well-established theories in physics, such as the Standard Model or General Relativity.