One in 2 billion

How do people establish ideal relationships amidst competition with two billion singles worldwide?

Answers and Replies

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Post-priori rationalization

Given six degrees of separation, (2,000,000,000)1/6=35 available singles! :confused:

So many singles, so little time.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Post-priori rationalization
Don't you mean posterior rationalization? :biggrin:

DaveC426913
Gold Member
How do people establish ideal relationships amidst competition with two billion singles worldwide?
The number of people you are actually likely to encounter - let alone find yourself in an environment with where it's conducive to socializiing - is miniscule by comparison. On the order of hundreds or thousands.

Evo
Mentor
I assume the 2 billion singles is based on falling within a certain age bracket? There are almost 7 billion humans on this planet.

With the internet, I wonder how many potential mates a person can reasonably come into contact with?

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo!!! One in 7 billion. Nice to know you.

Evo
Mentor
Evo!!! One in 7 billion. Nice to know you.
I feel priveledged knowing you dl.

Are we doing chat tomorrow, I'm all alone and trapped in the storm. :cry:

The number of people you are actually likely to encounter - let alone find yourself in an environment with where it's conducive to socializiing - is miniscule by comparison. On the order of hundreds or thousands.
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for straightening me out, Dave.

Don't you mean posterior rationalization? :biggrin:
'Tis a fine posterior indeed that singles itself out to me.
_________

I assume the 2 billion singles is based on falling within a certain age bracket? There are almost 7 billion humans on this planet.

With the internet, I wonder how many potential mates a person can reasonably come into contact with?
That would be nubile singles.

Even with the Internet, some things never grow old. A few write sonnets, most others politics.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yes ma'am. Hope it will be open all day. I do have a few obligations if I can get out of the drive Evo.

Some concerns come to mind:

The quality of communication (the possibility of love letters becoming cursory/devalued).

One's compatibility to computers overemphasized (as opposed to the values of traditional relationships).

A new social class of the cyberelite (who would attempt to manipulate public interactions).