Find a Book for ProE Woldfire 2.0

• Thread starter Rocket_guy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Request
In summary, the conversation is about a request for information on using ProE Wildfire 2.0. The person is looking for a book for this version but can only find one for Wildfire 3.0. They are wondering if they can still use the book for 3.0 with their version and how much the software has changed. One person suggests using the menu mapper in the help section to navigate the new interface.
Rocket_guy
~~one serious request!~~

One serious request ...
Can anyone tell me ...
I have got ProE woldfire 2.0

But I couldn't find a suitable book for the same version. All I can find is the book for proe wildfire3.0 .. but can't buy the software of Pro-e wildfire 3.0 .. ..so I will have to stick with the second version of the software .. i.e. pro-e wildfire 2.0. Now the question that arises is that "Can I study Pro-e 2.0 using the book for 3.0 ? Becoz I assume that the sofware must be upgraded and I don't think that it would have gone under a complete change! So if anyone who has an Idea how far this software has been changed in the third version mind telling me? Or anyone knows a guy who knows this and can ask him and tell me?

Thanx a lot everyone for ur support!

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

Dear author,

I understand your predicament and I would like to recommend the book "Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 Tutorial and Multimedia CD" by Roger Toogood. This book specifically caters to ProE Wildfire 2.0 and includes step-by-step tutorials, exercises, and a multimedia CD for hands-on learning. It is a comprehensive guide for beginners and experienced users alike. You can also check out "Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0: A Tutorial-Based Guide" by Sham Tickoo, which also covers the features and functions of ProE Wildfire 2.0. Both these books are easily available for purchase online. I hope this helps you in your quest to learn and master ProE Wildfire 2.0. Good luck!

1. How do I find a book for ProE Wildfire 2.0?

To find a book for ProE Wildfire 2.0, you can start by searching online for books specifically about this software. You can also check with your local library or bookstores for any available resources. Additionally, you may want to ask for recommendations from other ProE users or join online communities dedicated to this software to get suggestions from experienced users.

2. What topics should the book cover for ProE Wildfire 2.0?

The book should cover the basics of using ProE Wildfire 2.0, including its interface, tools, and commands. It should also cover more advanced topics such as creating and editing 3D models, assembly design, and creating drawings. Some books may also include tips and tricks for efficient usage of the software.

3. Are there any recommended authors or publishers for ProE Wildfire 2.0 books?

Some recommended authors for ProE Wildfire 2.0 books include Louis Gary Lamit and Sham Tickoo. As for publishers, PTC Press and CADCIM Technologies are known for their quality books on this software. However, it's always best to read reviews and get recommendations from other users before purchasing a book.

4. Are there any online resources or video tutorials available for ProE Wildfire 2.0?

Yes, there are several online resources and video tutorials available for ProE Wildfire 2.0. PTC's official website offers a range of tutorials, guides, and forums for users to learn and ask questions. You can also find various video tutorials on platforms like YouTube and Udemy.

5. Do I need any prior knowledge to understand the book for ProE Wildfire 2.0?

It's recommended to have a basic understanding of CAD software and 3D modeling before diving into a book for ProE Wildfire 2.0. Some books may assume prior knowledge of the software, while others may start from the very basics. It's essential to choose a book that aligns with your skill level to get the most out of it.