Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

One-sided Membrane

  1. Aug 15, 2012 #1
    Hi guys,

    I am in need of a 'one-sided' membrane.

    Basically, something like a bad damp proofing membrane. Allow me to explain:

    A membrane which will allow water to pass through one-way (at a fast rate - this is where it differs from the damp proof membrane you can buy in the diy shop). But not allow water to pass back through the other side.

    Any ideas? Info? Advice?

  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2012 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

  4. Aug 16, 2012 #3
    thanks for your reply lisab.

    However, I am thinking more of a water flow. Gore-Tex and products like it will let vapours pass back through but I want a bulk flow.

    Any ideas?
  5. Aug 16, 2012 #4


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    Does it have to be a membrane? There are many types/sizes of check valve that only allow flow in one direction.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Threads - sided Membrane Date
Dark Side of the Moon Avatar? Mar 6, 2015
Saw a side of my best friend tonight Sep 19, 2013
News I side with Sep 9, 2012
News Liquidity Trap: Break on through to the other side Aug 9, 2011