1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

One Term is missing for Circuit Analysis Help to Solve it?

1. Feb 14, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Find I_0 using Nodal Analysis.

I'm kind of lost for where my box is on the upper right corner. I don't know how to model the 20v Vsource as a current... can you even do that? I've done the other nodes, though I'm not particularly sure yet.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2007 #2
    Hmm.. I'm having second doubts. Is the connection between the V3 and V1 one single node or is there another node in the middle (near that big blob of dot that I have there.. above the second 1k resistor from the left)?
  4. Feb 15, 2007 #3
    No it's the same as the V3 node.
  5. Feb 15, 2007 #4
    You have missed out the (v3-v1)/1k current when you took the KCL on supernode 3-4. Apart from that, due the to 20V source, node 4 and the reference node will form a supernode, hence you'd have a (super-)supernode 3-4-ref.

Try again.
  6. Feb 15, 2007 #5
    Wait... I thought I put that down? It's the first term when I start writing my KCL equation for the supernode.

I see. You're right. I completely forgot about having a super-super-node!!
  7. Feb 15, 2007 #6
    Whoops. I meant the (v3-v2)/1k current.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?