Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Online calculator help needed for homework

1. Apr 21, 2005 #1
    gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood evening everybody, hows everything??

ok i just had a quick little question, how the heck do you use this kind of online graphing calculator?? its not quite a TI but i need somethin for my homework (havent gotten one of my own right now, well i had one but lets just say i dont have it anymore :cry: :cry: :cry: ). heres the site:

http://www.calculator.com/calcs/GCalc.html

anybody have any clues?????

thx!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I have no idea,maybe someone else can help with a graph.What function do you need to plot...?

Daniel.

4. Apr 21, 2005 #3
  5. Apr 21, 2005 #4
    math joke:

[tex]y=1-x^2[/tex]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tongue2:

(thanks for your help though! :smile:.)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  6. Apr 21, 2005 #5

hey thanks a lot bro! that did the trick! u know what i was doing before? i put in the whole equation in there, i did this:

(example)

y=1-x^2 <---i wrote the whole thing out like that and pressed "enter"

but i didnt realize that i dont need to put the "y equals" (y=) part on there!

thanks a lot!!

7. Apr 21, 2005 #6
    you're very welcome. The link I gave you seems to be a much better calculator though. :wink:

8. Apr 21, 2005 #7
    oh no,ur absolutely right, i didn't mean that i was going to use that other one, because i do like the one you gave, its much more user-friendly than that one i was using before! thanks a lot, and i'm sorry if i sounded like i didnt appreciate the link u gave me, because i do appreciate it and i'm actually using it right now. :smile: :cool: :smile:

9. Apr 21, 2005 #8
    hey, would any of you know where i could find an equation that would let me graph a hamburger, or fries? i heard that someone once graphed that on their calculator, so i was just wondering if such an equation exists (or any equation that would allow a person to "draw" on there).

thanks btw! :smile:

10. Apr 21, 2005 #9
    Nah, I wasn't implying that, just throwing out my opinion.

lol they probably just drew it haha... but that would be an awesome function

11. Apr 21, 2005 #10
  12. Apr 21, 2005 #11
    hey those sound soo cool but i have 2 "disabilities" man, all i see in the "pretty print" is an awesome little square with a red X in the middle and when i tried to graph those on that sweet online grapher, it doesn't at all look like what they described. i think its because the settings are different.

graph of this on the online site :9 * sin(5 * θ)^2 - 2 * cos(θ)^4

Chinese Star? or Mike Tyson in the 7th round? :biggrin: :biggrin: :rofl: (replace the θ with x on the online grapher)..

that was a great site though, thanks a lot, i'm gonna try all those once i get a calculator. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?