Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online contest

1. May 6, 2004 #1
    I study electrical engineering and I would like to face some real-life problem and try to solve it.
    Anyone knows any web page where I could find some contests regarding mathematics physics or electrical engineering?
    Any Information would be helpful.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Design a circuit using a 555 timer that oscillates with a period of 1 second and duty cycle of 50%.

- Warren
  4. May 6, 2004 #3
    Circuit Cellar usually has contests. Also, swing by the piclist. There used to be a monthly contest there as well.
  5. May 7, 2004 #4

Homework Helper

A simple transmitter and receiver is always a popular mid-level undergrad design project. It is relatively easy to build (since the components used have been constantly improved for the last 60 years) while at the same time allowing a demonstration of what my EE profs liked to call "black magic" (AKA "practical manipulation of EM radiation").
  6. May 7, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Check with your IEEE branch and see if they're having any student design competitions next semester.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?