1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online EE from ASU?

1. Aug 7, 2014 #1
    Hey guys, I tried using search for this, didnt see it.

Hello, I havent been very active here. I used to be a self employed software engineer, then I went to school for some general ed... got into the electrical apprenticeship (to be an electrician, not engineer) and i found the technical side is more my thing so im pursuing my electrical engineering degree. I would like some input, I know engineering is a hands on major... but since I have 2 years experience in the field with the actual work I should be okay then right?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2014 #2
    I have no idea how their online engineering courses are, but I was down there for a couple of semesters, and I was regularly needing to get help directly from the professors. Also, I was in their MAE program, so a totally different major.

Having had some experience though, that could help to fill in the gaps where other students will be attending labs in person. Taking a course online is anything but hands-on, I'm sure. So, in terms of missing out on being there for labs, an online degree might be okay (?). I honestly can't say, I've never done online courses. I might have to look into them, how are ASU online courses, anyone?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook