1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online Mathamatics Course

1. Nov 14, 2016 #1
    Hello all!
    I am currently looking to take some online mathematics course from an accredited college, more accurately the Calculus series...Calc I,II, and III. I want my courses to transfer to a brick and mortar state school when I am capable of enrolling full time in school. I worry about take classes from the advertised schools as they are for profit schools and I worry about the transferring of credits later on. Any insight on the issue would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for your time and help

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

My suggestion would be to check with the schools you might attend to see what online courses they might accept. Sometimes you can test out of a course (no credit) so that you can take a tougher course where it's a prerequisite. As an example you test out of Calc 1 so you can take Calc 2.

For topic refresh you can look at khans academy or mathispower4u for short video tutorials on math from high school to first year college.

4. Nov 15, 2016 #3

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Why for profit? There are some community colleges that offer online calculus courses. You should check and see if the CC you plan to attend at a later date offers such a course. That would ensure the course is at least some what compareable to the brick and mortar course offered at the same institution.

Although I generally don't recommend online courses at all. If this is your only option though, it's better than Phoenix or something.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted