Online mechanics course this summer

In summary: Your Name]In summary, Colin Fredericks has shared information about a physics course on edX created by MIT. The course covers Newtonian mechanics and offers CEUs for teachers. The course is free, but the CEU certificate has a fee. This opportunity has been praised and will be shared among colleagues and peers in the scientific community.
CFredericks
Greetings!

The research group I work in at MIT has created a physics course on edX this summer. It's a review of Newtonian mechanics - force, energy, angular momentum, and so forth - and I thought some folks here might be interested in it.

Here's a link with some more info and registration:
https://www.edx.org/courses/MITx/8.MReV/2013_Summer/about

Teachers especially might be interested - we can offer CEUs through the American Association of Physics Teachers for those who complete the course. The course itself is free; the CEU certificate has a fee associated.

--Colin Fredericks

Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Colin Fredericks,

Thank you for sharing this information about your physics course on edX. As a fellow scientist, I am always excited to hear about new opportunities for learning and expanding our knowledge in the field of physics. I am sure that many people, including myself, will be interested in taking this course, especially since it is offered by a renowned institution like MIT.

I appreciate that the course covers important topics in Newtonian mechanics, which serves as the foundation for understanding many concepts in physics. It is also great to hear that you are offering CEUs for teachers who complete the course. This will not only benefit them professionally, but also enhance their ability to teach these concepts to their students.

I will definitely be sharing this information with my colleagues and peers, and I hope that many others in the scientific community will do the same. Thank you for your dedication to promoting education and knowledge in the field of physics. I wish you all the best with your course and future endeavors.

What is an online mechanics course?

An online mechanics course is an educational program that teaches the fundamentals of mechanics through an online platform. It typically includes lectures, readings, assignments, and assessments.

Who can take an online mechanics course?

Anyone with an interest in mechanics and access to the necessary technology can take an online mechanics course. This includes high school students, college students, and working professionals.

Will I receive credit for taking an online mechanics course?

It depends on the institution offering the course. Some online mechanics courses may offer college credit or a certificate of completion, while others may not offer any credit.

What topics are covered in an online mechanics course?

The topics covered in an online mechanics course may vary, but they generally include kinematics, dynamics, forces, work and energy, and rotational motion. Some courses may also cover topics such as thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and electromagnetism.

What are the benefits of taking an online mechanics course?

Some potential benefits of taking an online mechanics course include flexibility in scheduling, the ability to learn at your own pace, and access to a wide range of resources and materials. Additionally, online courses can often be more affordable than traditional in-person courses.