• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Courses Online Physics 2 Course?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of an online calc-based physics 2 course with a lab? I know it's a lot of criteria to match and I've had a pretty hard time searching, but I thought I'd ask in case someone else has taken or is aware of something! I need to take it this summer in order to be on track with my major and any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Dr. Courtney

Education Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of an online calc-based physics 2 course with a lab? I know it's a lot of criteria to match and I've had a pretty hard time searching, but I thought I'd ask in case someone else has taken or is aware of something! I need to take it this summer in order to be on track with my major and any help would be greatly appreciated!!
That's a tough ask. The University system in GA has some online Calc based Physics courses including labs but my quick check did not turn up anything running in the summer. The program is called eCore, and these courses are offered through a number of institutions.

I use Athabasca U (canadian based), has physics II - Phys205 (calc based) E&M and it seems to follow american curriculum for introductory EM. I have read of american students taking calc classes there.

http://www.athabascau.ca/syllabi/phys/phys205.php

I took phys 204, it was the standard calc based newtonian mech class, with appropriate difficulty level imo. The videos for the class are ok but I supplemented with micheal van biezen on youtube and it helped tie loose ends for me.