Find the Perfect Online Calc-Based Physics 2 Course with Lab for Summer"

In summary, the conversation was about the search for an online calc-based physics 2 course with a lab, to be taken during the summer. The speaker asks for help and mentions the eCore program in Georgia as a potential option, but notes that it may not have summer offerings. Another option mentioned is Athabasca University, a Canadian institution with a similar course that follows American curriculum. The speaker also recommends supplementing with additional resources, such as online videos.
Alexa
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of an online calc-based physics 2 course with a lab? I know it's a lot of criteria to match and I've had a pretty hard time searching, but I thought I'd ask in case someone else has taken or is aware of something! I need to take it this summer in order to be on track with my major and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
Alexa said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of an online calc-based physics 2 course with a lab? I know it's a lot of criteria to match and I've had a pretty hard time searching, but I thought I'd ask in case someone else has taken or is aware of something! I need to take it this summer in order to be on track with my major and any help would be greatly appreciated!

That's a tough ask. The University system in GA has some online Calc based Physics courses including labs but my quick check did not turn up anything running in the summer. The program is called eCore, and these courses are offered through a number of institutions.

I use Athabasca U (canadian based), has physics II - Phys205 (calc based) E&M and it seems to follow american curriculum for introductory EM. I have read of american students taking calc classes there.

http://www.athabascau.ca/syllabi/phys/phys205.php

I took phys 204, it was the standard calc based Newtonian mech class, with appropriate difficulty level imo. The videos for the class are ok but I supplemented with micheal van biezen on youtube and it helped tie loose ends for me.

What is an online Physics 2 course?

An online Physics 2 course is a virtual, web-based course that teaches the principles of physics at a more advanced level than Physics 1. It covers topics such as electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics.

What are the benefits of taking an online Physics 2 course?

There are several benefits of taking an online Physics 2 course, including flexible scheduling, the ability to learn at your own pace, and access to a variety of resources and multimedia materials. Additionally, online courses often have lower costs compared to traditional in-person courses.

What are the prerequisites for an online Physics 2 course?

The prerequisites for an online Physics 2 course may vary depending on the institution offering the course. However, most courses will require a strong foundation in algebra and trigonometry, as well as completion of a Physics 1 course.

How is an online Physics 2 course structured?

An online Physics 2 course is typically structured in a similar way to a traditional in-person course. It may include lectures, readings, assignments, quizzes, and exams. The course may also have interactive components, such as virtual labs or discussion forums, to enhance the learning experience.

What types of careers can an online Physics 2 course prepare me for?

An online Physics 2 course can prepare you for a variety of careers in fields such as engineering, research, education, and technology. It can also provide a strong foundation for graduate studies in physics or related fields.