Online Resources for Maths and Physics Education

• Thread starter Trail_Builder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resources
In summary, the individual is preparing for their main GCSEs and has discovered that their math teacher did not cover all the syllabus, leaving them to teach themselves the rest. They will also be studying math and further math at A-level, and then pursuing a degree in abstract or theoretical physics and math. They are seeking online resources to supplement their textbook and have been recommended websites such as wikipedia, the wolfram resources website, calc101.com, mathworld.com, and its physics companion. They are also advised to ask questions only after understanding the fundamentals of the subject.
Trail_Builder
hey

im currently coming up to my main gcses and have found my stupid maths teacher hasnt covered all the syllabus and i need to teach myself the rest of it...

i'll also be doing maths and further maths and A-level, and then some abract or theoretical physics and maths thing at uni.

basically, what I am asking is are there any decent online resources for me touse to teach myself, because atm I've only got my textbook and id quite like some additonall sources to work with.

thnx

Mathematics news on Phys.org
This website, wikipedia helps alot, the wolfram resources website, http://www.calc101.com/webMathematica/ will help you with some Calculus.

What exactly have you missed out on? I can't think of what else you need. Post questions here if you need to, but before doing so make sure you have at least an understanding of the fundamentals of that subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
mathworld.com and its physics companion. Provides many references to other sources.

1. What types of online resources are available for maths and physics education?

There are a variety of online resources available for maths and physics education, including videos, interactive simulations, practice problems, online courses, and educational websites.

2. Are these online resources free to use?

Many online resources for maths and physics education are free to use, but some may require a subscription or payment for access to certain features or materials.

3. How can online resources be beneficial for learning maths and physics?

Online resources can provide a more interactive and engaging learning experience for students, as well as offer access to a wider range of materials and resources. They can also allow for self-paced learning and provide instant feedback on progress.

4. Are online resources reliable for learning maths and physics?

As with any educational resource, it is important to evaluate the credibility and accuracy of online resources before using them for learning. Look for reputable sources and reviews from other users to determine the reliability of the resource.

5. Can online resources replace traditional classroom learning for maths and physics?

No, online resources should be used as a supplement to traditional classroom learning, not a replacement. While they can enhance the learning experience, they cannot replace the benefits of face-to-face instruction and interaction with teachers and peers.