1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online Resources

1. Sep 9, 2014 #1
    Hello, I was wondering what websites you would suggest for resources?
    Physics, mathematics, programming(any language), and engineering?

By online resources I was thinking resources like wolfram mathworld. Any online resource as extensive as wolfram mathworld would be great.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2014 #2

Rocket50

Gold Member

Really depends on the level, but you might be interested in something like Khan Academy, MIT OCW and Coursera.

4. Sep 10, 2014 #3

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

5. Sep 10, 2014 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

You might try browsing our Physics and Math Learning Materials forums:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 [Broken]

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=178 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  6. Sep 10, 2014 #5
    Not khan academy. I mean sites like wikipedia and wolfram mathworld.

7. Sep 11, 2014 #6
  8. Sep 11, 2014 #7
    Search & dig for "MOOC" courses.

I stumbled upon this modern concept a few months ago. Massive Online O-something C-something ("Courses"?). Academics design a learning course & post it for free. If you want some sort of "academic credit" then you pay for the exam and final grade it seems. Interesting concept that shoots a hole in the entire "academia requires bricks & mortar" concept. The one that impressed me was a course by a University of Michigan Computer Science Guy who developed a "how to program" course using the open source Python language.

As an ol' skool graybeard, this concept kinda blew me away.

9. Sep 11, 2014 #8
    @tygerdawg Can you please give me the links?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook