1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online Study Groups

1. Jun 25, 2012 #1
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried this?

Anyway, Over the summer, I'm taking calculus 2, multi variable calculus and university physics.
    This fall I will be in modern physics, university physics 2, diff equations and chemistry.

I was just wondering if anyone would like to start a study group where we could meet over Skype or Google Hangout so people could join freely. In which, we could help each other out with problems being struggled with. This would be for people who are starting in the lower level courses such as myself. Maybe first or second year students, although higher class-men would be able to attend and help mentor.

I would like to start a group like this because I feel being a transfer student I have 0 zero friends at the university I am now at and have found study groups in the past to be most helpful. I know that everyone wont be at the same place at the same time, but I feel in a few cases people will be about to work together and being able to have a study session with a buddy on-line would be beneficial, even for one night a week. Maybe not have a main Google hangout / Skype but people could post where they are at in their degree and have people PM them about study sessions.

If this isn't the place for this post then please move it, although I was not sure under what sub forum to post this. Also if this is a re-post I apologize.

Thanks for reading.
    DocHoliday

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2012 #2

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

What do University Physics and University Physics 2 correspond to?

4. Jun 25, 2012 #3
    Calculus Based Physics 1 and 2.

Physics for Scientist and Engineers 1:
    Topics include: kinematics, Newtonian dynamics, work, energy, power, conservation of energy and momentum, circular motion, rotational motion, gravity, harmonic oscillations, wave motion and sound.

Edit: Not sure on the second one, but the description is for the calculus based physics 1 above, straight from the syllabus.

5. Jun 25, 2012 #4

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Oh darn I was hoping it would be the thermodynamics course. I am planning on writing an exam at the end of the summer to skip the class and a study partner over the summer for the class would've been great haha.

6. Jun 25, 2012 #5
    Hopefully we can find someone else who knows that subject or is studying it to join you!

7. Jun 25, 2012 #6

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

I'm also taking a proficiency exam for calc 3 when I enter college this summer but wasn't as worried about that as the physics ones. Still, studying for that couldn't hurt. When does it ever haha.

8. Jun 26, 2012 #7
    I'd be down. I am trying to study Calc 2 and then test out of it before the fall semester starts. I'd also be interested in Physics in a few more weeks when class lets out.

9. Jun 26, 2012 #8
    I have my Calc 2 finals tomorrow so if you have any questions about the course you may ask me. Got almost 100% in the class.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook