1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online texts?

1. Apr 12, 2007 #1
    do you guys know of any good online textbooks for highschool-level algebra 2/trigonometry? the only thing that google gives me is either algebra 1 or college level lecture notes.

how effective do you guys think online resources are for studying ahead
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2007 #2
  4. Apr 14, 2007 #3
    the books there are all college level

wikipedia has a wikibook on algebra but it is nowhere near completion and is full of holes. the alg 2 section of it doesnt even exist yet
  5. Apr 14, 2007 #4

Homework Helper

Is there a particular reason why you want to use online books? If you want to study ahead, maybe try the local library or find some cheap used texts on ebay or amazon.com.
  6. Apr 14, 2007 #5
    I'm not familiar with the american system of numbering courses so I can't really be of much more help than to suggest this:

It's perhaps worthwhile to investigate some of the college texts. http://www.msc.uky.edu/ken/ma109/lectures/review.htm#seg2_5 (from above) has the heading of college algebra, but all your basic trig is there with no prior knowledge assumed.

Hope that helps! :)

EDIT: If you're reading ahead or teaching yourself, it might be an idea to use a syllabus of some kind as a guide to what you can gloss over. Also, you probably won't need much or any proof at school level.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  7. Apr 15, 2007 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know of any online resources at that level, but if you want some inexpensive review materials then look into Schaum's outlines. They're about 15 bucks apiece, and they have multiple outlines at that level. The best thing about Schaum's outlines is the large number of worked examples and supplementary exercises with answers.
  8. Apr 15, 2007 #7
    the internet is rich in undergraduate resources but anything earlier than that and its somewhat lacking..
  9. Apr 21, 2007 #8
    check out schaums series at your local or high school library. Thats always a great resource
  10. Apr 22, 2007 #9

Staff: Mentor

That may have to do with the fact that high-school teachers generally have less time than college professors do, for putting Web pages together. Consider the number of classes they have to teach, and the number of students in those classes, and the fact that high schools don't have graduate-student teaching assistants.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?