1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online Universities

1. Jan 13, 2009 #1
    I'm thinking about pursuing further education online (haven't decided what program yet), and was wondering if anyone could suggest good online universities, from which a degree would be respected by other institutions/employers?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2009 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The only one I can recommend is the open university - but it's in the UK.
  4. Jan 14, 2009 #3

Science Advisor

Once you decided on what area you are interested in, you'll probably find that there are quite a few fully accredited universities that offer degrees via online format (i.e. distance education). Most, if not all of them, will be the exact same degree you get by sitting in a classroom.

Caveat: they require more self-discipline and are generally harder since you don't have a face to face and student to student interaction.

5. Jan 14, 2009 #4
    If you're looking for schools with solid reputations, try Ivy-League, even though the cost is astronomical. Besides that, I do know that the University of Phoenix is a well known online school that companies respect, but they mainly deal with Business.
  6. Jan 16, 2009 #5
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll post again if/when I decide what I want to take.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?