Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online Universities

1. Jan 13, 2009 #1
    I'm thinking about pursuing further education online (haven't decided what program yet), and was wondering if anyone could suggest good online universities, from which a degree would be respected by other institutions/employers?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2009 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The only one I can recommend is the open university - but it's in the UK.

4. Jan 14, 2009 #3

stewartcs

Science Advisor

Once you decided on what area you are interested in, you'll probably find that there are quite a few fully accredited universities that offer degrees via online format (i.e. distance education). Most, if not all of them, will be the exact same degree you get by sitting in a classroom.

Caveat: they require more self-discipline and are generally harder since you don't have a face to face and student to student interaction.

CS

5. Jan 14, 2009 #4
    If you're looking for schools with solid reputations, try Ivy-League, even though the cost is astronomical. Besides that, I do know that the University of Phoenix is a well known online school that companies respect, but they mainly deal with Business.

6. Jan 16, 2009 #5
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll post again if/when I decide what I want to take.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook