Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Only one day left

1. Nov 28, 2003 #1
    what will you do most?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2003 #2
    what will you do most?

Piss and moan.

4. Nov 28, 2003 #3
    Re: what will you do most?

LOL!!

I will read most...I haven't learned enough, and never will.

5. Nov 28, 2003 #4
    I would probably turn myself into a tachyon and travel faster than the speed of light and find an alternate universe that holds the requirments of living conditions for humans. I would just need to know my space trajectory and reference navigation frames first... Hmmm, excellent.

6. Nov 28, 2003 #5
    Re: Re: Only one day left

That was my second choice, ya know.

7. Nov 28, 2003 #6
    Re: Re: Re: Only one day left

Heheh. I think yours was my ... 988th, I believe, don't ask me that in a couple minutes. It will probably change, it's all dependent on how much time we got.

8. Nov 28, 2003 #7
    I would just simply do what i do best. Nothing.

9. Nov 30, 2003 #8
    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end ... Don't you get it? The past doesn't exist, nor does the future, except in the "here and now."

In fact this is all we've ever had, one day left, which is today! :wink:

10. Nov 30, 2003 #9
    Whenever I ask my doctor aunt this she threatens to kill me.

11. Nov 30, 2003 #10
    Time don't make sense because we are always in the past. Think of it all the thinking and actions we do takes time. So by time we decided to talk and listen it takes time to get from point A to point B. So when your talking to your friend in which you call present it's actually in the past since the sound waves take time to reach his/her ear and process what your saying and then replying.

12. Nov 30, 2003 #11
    Is it live or is it Memorex? Even if there is a slight delay, it is mostly negligible and the notion of a "present moment" does not escape us.

13. Nov 30, 2003 #12
    Well in that case how about filling us in on what you be doing?!

14. Nov 30, 2003 #13
    Actually I probably wouldn't be doing anything other than what I would normally do. Although death itself is like a portal, and I would probably be waiting for that door to open ...

15. Dec 1, 2003 #14
    Beat the system and kill myself through a massive drug overdose of all the drugs I'd never try when I had a future.

16. Dec 1, 2003 #15
    I really hate to paraphrase movies.. but when it fits....

An American an englishman and a chinese man are all playing chess when someone comes along as says the world is ending. The man says to the 3 "well what are you going to do?"

The Englishman says I'm going to go get some mescal and get totally wasted.

The American says Well I'm going over to the whorehouse and get me a nice lady to spend it with.

So he turns to the Chinese man as says "what will you do?"

The Chinese man turns to him and says "well I shall finish the game"

For me, I'd prefer to spend it with my loved ones. I will finish the game, and my team will all be together.

EDIT: on second thought I'd probably be trying to find a way out of it. I don't like no win scenarios. Weather it was tunneling a deep deep hole below the surface where I'd survive, or comandeering a space shuttle out of this joint, I wouldn't go out without a fight.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  17. Dec 2, 2003 #16
    first there has to be a reason why you only have one day left. If your sick as hell on a death bed theres nothing much you can do besides say your good byes. If a meteor is comming towards earth you can't really get your rifle at it and fight back. So it also depends on the situation. And if your told that your just going to die tomorrow without much reason you probaly won't believe them and continue on with your day as normal.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?