Oops how to you delete a post?

• Thread starter Crusty
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delete
In summary, to delete a post, click on the "delete" or "remove" button on the post. This can be done for posts from any time. Deleting a post will also remove any comments and likes on it, but shared posts will still be visible. Deleted posts cannot be undone, but they can be reposted. You cannot delete someone else's post, as it is their content.
Crusty
oops how to you delete a post?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Crusty said:
oops how to you delete a post?
You should PM a mentor (they are listed https://www.physicsforums.com/help/mentorforums/" ) and ask that it be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not an expert in social media platforms and their features. However, based on my understanding, there are usually options or buttons available on a post that allow you to delete it. You can try looking for a "delete" or "remove" button on the post or consult the platform's help center for specific instructions. It is also important to consider the potential consequences of deleting a post, such as losing important information or disrupting the flow of a conversation. It may be helpful to think carefully before deleting a post and consider if there are alternative solutions.

1. How do I delete a post?

To delete a post, you can go to the post and click on the "delete" or "remove" button, depending on the platform you are using. This will remove the post from your profile or page.

2. Can I delete a post from the past?

Yes, you can delete a post from the past. Most social media platforms allow you to delete any of your posts, regardless of when it was posted.

3. Will deleting a post also delete the comments and likes on it?

Yes, deleting a post will also delete any comments and likes associated with it. However, if someone has shared your post, it will still be visible on their profile.

4. Can I undo the deletion of a post?

Once a post is deleted, it cannot be undone. However, you can repost the content if you wish to share it again.

5. Why can't I delete someone else's post?

You cannot delete someone else's post as it is their content. You can only delete posts that you have created or shared on your own profile or page.