Op-Amp Circuit Analysis: Troubleshooting Incorrect Node Usage

In summary, an op-amp circuit is an electronic circuit that uses an operational amplifier to amplify, filter, or process an input signal. Its basic components include an operational amplifier, resistors, capacitors, and power supplies. It works by amplifying the difference between its two input terminals, with precise control and amplification through feedback. There are different types of op-amp circuits, including inverting amplifiers, non-inverting amplifiers, summing amplifiers, difference amplifiers, and integrators. To analyze an op-amp circuit, one can use basic circuit analysis techniques or the ideal op-amp model.
paulmdrdo
Thread moved from the technical forums, so no Homework Template is shown
In the problem below, when I use nodes V1 and V2 I get the correct answer of Vo = -2.5v
But when I use nodes V1 and Vo I get an incorrect answer. Please explain to me why my latter method did not work.
Thanks.

sadiku_p.5.14.png

Attachments

• sadiku_p.5.14.png
    sadiku_p.5.14.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 761
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have all the currents going into node Vo?

I'd be happy to help if I could read your writing and if you showed where your equations come from.

1. What is an op-amp circuit?

An op-amp (operational amplifier) circuit is a type of electronic circuit that uses an operational amplifier to amplify, filter, or process an input signal. It is commonly used in audio, instrumentation, and control applications.

2. What are the basic components of an op-amp circuit?

The basic components of an op-amp circuit include an operational amplifier, resistors, capacitors, and power supplies. External components such as diodes and transistors may also be included for specific functions.

3. How does an op-amp circuit work?

An op-amp circuit works by amplifying the difference between its two input terminals. The output of the op-amp is controlled by the feedback from the output to the inverting input, which allows for precise control and amplification of the input signal.

4. What are the different types of op-amp circuits?

There are several types of op-amp circuits, including inverting amplifiers, non-inverting amplifiers, summing amplifiers, difference amplifiers, and integrators. Each type has a different configuration and application.

5. How do you analyze an op-amp circuit?

To analyze an op-amp circuit, you can use basic circuit analysis techniques such as Kirchhoff's laws and Ohm's law. You can also use the ideal op-amp model, which assumes infinite input impedance and zero output impedance, to simplify the analysis process.