Operational Amplifier Course - Topics and Tutorials

In summary, this person wants to learn more about operational amplifiers and how they can be useful in electronic circuits. They ask for help from the community, and suggest that people get a copy of "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. This book will provide a great foundation in electronics and opamps. Additionally, google can provide many hits on how to use operational amplifiers.
electronic engineer
I want to inform you that our course about operational amplifier at university has such of the following topics:
adder amplifier(inverting and non inverting)- integrator-diffrentiator-comparator- schmitt trigger-rectangular waveform generator-triangular waveform generator...and some active filters that includes operational amplifiers in the order of 1,2...(LPF-HPF-band pass filter-stop band filter) and the uses of operational amplifier as voltage regulator..butterworth... many topics more...

so I was so confused to study those topics (BOOKLESS ) That's why I'm asking for you to give me web tutorial lessons...

so... any suggestions will be appreciated!
thanks again!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Don't go bookless. Get a copy of "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. That will give you most of what you need. It's a great intro to electronics -- read it cover to cover, and you will have a great foundation in electronics and opamps.

berkeman said:
Don't go bookless. Get a copy of "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. That will give you most of what you need. It's a great intro to electronics -- read it cover to cover, and you will have a great foundation in electronics and opamps.
Well, just in case you don't want to get the book, I googled opamp tutorial and got lots of hits. Here's one of the first good ones:

http://www.web-ee.com/primers/Tutorials.htm

Maybe try that google for yourself, and check out some of the hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good ebook is by Texas Instruments. About 400 pages long and has everything you would ever need to know about op amps. But I agree, read the books and don't go bookless.
http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slod006b/slod006b.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is an operational amplifier (op-amp)?

An operational amplifier, or op-amp, is an electronic device that amplifies the difference between two input voltages. It is commonly used in various types of electronic circuits, such as filters, amplifiers, oscillators, and more.

2. What are the main components of an operational amplifier?

The main components of an operational amplifier are an inverting input, a non-inverting input, and an output. It also has a power supply and one or more feedback loops. Some op-amps may also have additional features like offset nulling pins or frequency compensation capacitors.

3. How does an operational amplifier work?

An operational amplifier works by taking the difference between the input voltages and amplifying it by a certain factor, known as the gain. This amplified difference is then outputted through the output pin. The gain and other characteristics of an op-amp can be controlled through the feedback loops and external components.

4. What are some common applications of operational amplifiers?

Operational amplifiers have a wide range of applications in electronics, including signal amplification, filtering, buffering, and mathematical operations like addition, subtraction, and integration. They are also commonly used in audio and video equipment, sensors, and control systems.

5. What are some important considerations when working with operational amplifiers?

When working with operational amplifiers, it is important to consider factors such as input and output voltage ranges, power supply requirements, gain and bandwidth limitations, and stability. Additionally, proper grounding, decoupling, and noise reduction techniques should be implemented to ensure optimal performance of the op-amp circuit.