1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Op-Amp Integrator

1. Sep 2, 2007 #1
    Hey there

This should be nice and simple. Here's the deal-- I was asked to design an Op-Amp Integrator circuit. For a 500Hz square wave input signal that oscillates from +/-0.5v, I was asked to design for a triangle wave output which oscillates from 0 to -5 volts.

I designed the circuit just fine, only problem is that it oscillates from about 0 to 5 volts instead of 0 to -5. I know these circuits have small offsets, so it's not exactly 0 to 5, but close enough. This is a stupid question, but I need a DC offset. I was under the impression that I could just stick a dc voltage source somewhere whose difference would bump the signal down some. But to no avail.

My R is 100 ohms and my C is 1uF-- which works perfectly in PSpice.

Any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2007 #2

Homework Helper

Do you need an offset or an inverter? Just wanted to check this since it seems from your description that you need an inverter...
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?