Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Op-Amp Integrator

1. Jan 10, 2008 #1
    I'm having trouble understanding how this actually works. I understand that it integrates the input voltage and that the output voltage is the same as the voltage passing over the capacitor in the circuit. What i dont understand is why this causes the ramping effect?
    I'm thinking it may have to do with one voltage being integrated by the integrator with relation to the capacitor and the resistor which creates a different value for the voltage which then gets integrated...etc. which then causes different values which plotted on a graph would give the ramp effect.
    Is this how it works? thanks for the help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2008 #2
    I just realised i neglected the time that this takes to happen. As its due to a certain time interval im not sure whether what i originally assumed is correct. Now im confused as to where time fits in with all this.

4. Jan 10, 2008 #3
    Sorry i realised i didnt take the fact that it is time dependant into my assumption. In this case im even more confused heh.

5. Jan 10, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?