Calculating Frequency and Voltage in Opamp Oscillator

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of ideal opamps in an oscillator circuit with specific values for resistance and capacitance. The speaker then asks for help in calculating the frequency of oscillations and the amplitude of voltages at points A, B, and C. The other person suggests breaking into the loop at any convenient point and determining the greatest amplitude sinewave at point A, B, or C based on where the circuit is expected to oscillate.
etf
Hello.
Here is my task:

elektro2.png
In oscillator circuit ideal opamps are used, it is known R=10K, C=10nF.
a) Calculate frequency of oscillations,
b) If Vcc=Vee=15V, calculate amplitude of voltages in points A, B and C.
a)
Here is my solution. I cut output loop, applied test generator and found loop gain on this way:

elektro1.png

I cut loop on output, because they did same in this type of exercises. Is it general rule that to find loop gain Abeta, we cut loop on output?
How to solve task b) ?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can break into the loop at any point; it's a series arrangement Aβ so just choose wherever is convenient.

Determining amplitudes: assuming the circuit does oscillate, then where would you expect to find the greatest amplitude sinewave: point A, B, or C? Explain why you nominate that point.

1. How do I calculate the frequency of an opamp oscillator?

To calculate the frequency of an opamp oscillator, you will need to know the values of the capacitors and resistors in the circuit. The frequency can be calculated using the formula f = 1/(2πRC), where R is the resistance and C is the capacitance. You can also use an online calculator or simulation software to obtain the frequency.

2. What is the purpose of an opamp oscillator?

An opamp oscillator is used to produce a continuous oscillating output signal without the need for an external input. It is commonly used in electronic circuits for generating clock signals, timing circuits, and audio oscillators.

3. How do I determine the voltage gain of an opamp oscillator?

The voltage gain of an opamp oscillator can be calculated by dividing the output voltage by the input voltage. The output voltage can be determined by measuring the peak-to-peak voltage of the oscillating signal, while the input voltage can be calculated using Ohm's law (V = IR) by measuring the input resistance and current.

4. What factors affect the frequency and voltage of an opamp oscillator?

The frequency and voltage of an opamp oscillator can be affected by the values of the resistors and capacitors in the circuit, as well as the supply voltage and temperature. Changes in these parameters can alter the stability and performance of the oscillator.

5. How can I improve the accuracy and stability of an opamp oscillator?

To improve the accuracy and stability of an opamp oscillator, it is important to use high-quality components and minimize external noise and interference. Additionally, using a feedback network and adjusting the values of the resistors and capacitors can help to fine-tune the frequency and voltage of the oscillator.