Solving Open Attached Images Issue on mathwurkz Forum

• Thread starter mathwurkz
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses issues with accessing attached images and Latex equations on the forum. The user is unable to open links to images posted by other members and receives an error message stating that they do not have permission to access the page. They inquire about the need for something on their account to access attached images and search for a solution on the forum. Another user suggests that the issue may be due to a browser incompatibility and mentions a similar problem with viewing Latex equations.
mathwurkz
Hi! Whenever I am going through a post on this forum and try to open a link, in the "attached images" block of a post, to an image posted by another member, I am unable to open it. I get the following.

mathwurkz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Do I need something on my account to access attached images on posts? How do I get it? I tried looking for a post on this forum that addresses this, however, using the search function yielded a list of posts containing attached images somewhere within the topic.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've found the same problem. If you log out, you can view them for some reason :confused: :wink:

Odd. I haven't run into those problems. What browser and version do you use? Maybe it's an incompatibility with your browser? Odd that you can view them when logged out but not while logged in. Obviously there's a glitch somewhere (yes, you're supposed to be able to view attachments).

Similarly, I often cannot view Latex equations. I do not get an error message. Rather, the pix merely do not load. I use IE v. 6, with all updates.

1. How can I open attached images on the mathwurkz forum?

To open attached images on the mathwurkz forum, you can right-click on the image and select "Open Image in New Tab" or "Save Image As" to download the image to your computer. Alternatively, you can click on the image and it will open in a new window or tab.

2. Why am I unable to open attached images on the mathwurkz forum?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to open attached images on the mathwurkz forum. One possible reason is that the image is corrupted or damaged. Another reason could be that there is a problem with your internet connection. It is also possible that there is an issue with the website itself. If you are still having trouble, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser.

3. Can I upload and attach my own images on the mathwurkz forum?

Yes, you can upload and attach your own images on the mathwurkz forum. When creating a new post or reply, you will see an option to upload an image by clicking on the "Choose File" button. Make sure your image is in a supported format (such as JPG, PNG, or GIF) and is within the size limit set by the forum.

4. Is there a limit to the number of images I can attach on the mathwurkz forum?

Yes, there is a limit to the number of images you can attach on the mathwurkz forum. This limit is set by the forum administrator and may vary depending on the forum's storage capacity. It is recommended to compress your images before uploading them to save space.

5. Can I attach images to my private messages on the mathwurkz forum?

Yes, you can attach images to your private messages on the mathwurkz forum. When composing a private message, you will see an option to upload an image just like when creating a post or reply. However, it is important to note that there may be a limit to the number or size of images you can attach in a private message, so it is best to check with the recipient beforehand.