1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

OpenGL: compiler showing error

1. Apr 11, 2008 #1
    I am using Dev C++ compiler version 4.9.9.2
    When I compiled my OpenGL code, the compiler gave the following error:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32'
    ld returned 1 exit status
    [Build Error] [Project1.exe] Error 1

I am taking NeHe tutorials, where a function gluPerspective() has been used. When I compiled the same code sometime back, it worked perfectly. Any idea what this error is and how to tackle it?

regards
    Mr V

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2008 #2

Vid

Try copying and pasting the code into a new workspace. That sometimes fixes linker errors.

4. Apr 11, 2008 #3
    I tried this but nothing happened. Never mind because I found out what was causing the error: the linker section of the project had a file called -lglu32 missing. On includeing this file, the program ran perfectly.

For anybody who faces a similar problem in OpenGL and is using Dev C++:
    1. Go to 'Project' and click on 'Project Options'.
    2. In the dialog box that opens, click on 'Parameters'. You will see the dialog box divided into three parts: Compiler, C++ Compiler, Linker. Your job is to check that the linker category contains all the three files: -lopengl32 -lglaux32 -lglu32, written in any order. Click OK, and try to recompile and run the program. It should work fine now.

regards
    Mr V

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?