Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Opera Now Free

1. Sep 20, 2005 #1

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

http://www.opera.com/

Now there are two reasons not to use IE.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2005 #2
    Wow, that is pretty cool. I used Opera and nothing else for about a month and it is a great browser. The speed of it is absolutely amazing, and the mouse gestures are better than firefox's will ever be imo.

I would use Opera still, but I absolutely cannot stand the middle mouse scoll behavior. Why does my mouse need to go to the center everytime I press the button? Also, you can't hold the middle mouse button down and scroll up/down/left/right and then let go of the button to stop.

edit.. quote from slashdot: " I hope that Microsoft will decide also to give Internet Explorer for free. My desktop is full of banners and popup windows." :rofl:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  4. Sep 20, 2005 #3
    I stopped using Opera and moved to Mozilla because I couldn't use the "Search" function in physicsforums (see at the top, between "New Posts" and "Quick Links") properly with Opera.

Does anyone have the same problem, or is it fixed now in the new opera?

5. Sep 20, 2005 #4
    I doubt it would be fixed. Personally it is a problem with the site if anything imo. I believe Opera is much more standards compliant than firefox/mozilla is and therefore some sites may look a bit funky (for example, yahoo mail).

6. Sep 20, 2005 #5

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I use opera, and have no problems with it.

7. Sep 20, 2005 #6
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  8. Sep 28, 2005 #7

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I've never had a problem with search using Opera. BTW - you can thank me for free Opera! I paid for the first retail release and for every upgrade since then! But it was worth subsidizing! :)

9. Sep 28, 2005 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

not including the others?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?