InsertFields Syntax Error in FeynArts

• Thread starter Safinaz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error
In summary, "InsertFields Syntax Error" is an error message that occurs in FeynArts when there is a mistake in the syntax of the InsertFields command, which is used to insert external fields into a Feynman diagram. The error can be caused by missing brackets, incorrect placement of parentheses, or mismatched fields and particles. To fix the error, one must carefully check the syntax of the command and ensure that the inserted fields match the particles in the diagram. It is also possible to prevent the error by thoroughly checking the syntax before running the command and having a good understanding of the FeynArts syntax. Other common errors in FeynArts include missing or incorrect input parameters, invalid particle names, and missing Feyn
Safinaz
Hi,

I try to operate FeynArts, I installed by

<< FeynArts`

Then I typed

$ tops := CreateTopologies[1, 1 -> 2, ExcludeTopologies -> Internal];

$ InsertFields[tops, V[2] -> {F[4, {3}], -F[4, {3}]}, Model ->{SM}];

Here it gave an error

InsertFields::syntax: The syntax of InsertFields is InsertFields[tops, in -> out, options].

Any help to solve this,

S

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm, it worked for me. Its possible its not installed properly.

Make sure that you're not getting an error when you load it. I have both feynarts and Feyncalc installed so I load it like this:

$LoadFeynArts = True;
$LoadPhi = True;
<< HighEnergyPhysics`FeynCalc`;

1. What is "InsertFields Syntax Error" in FeynArts?

"InsertFields Syntax Error" is an error message that appears when there is a mistake in the syntax of the InsertFields command in FeynArts. This command is used to insert external fields into a Feynman diagram.

2. Why does the "InsertFields Syntax Error" occur?

The error occurs when there is a mistake in the syntax of the InsertFields command, such as missing brackets or incorrect placement of parentheses. It can also occur if the inserted fields do not match the particles in the diagram.

3. How can I fix the "InsertFields Syntax Error" in FeynArts?

To fix the error, you will need to carefully check the syntax of your InsertFields command and make sure it is correct. You may also need to check that the inserted fields match the particles in the diagram. If the error persists, it may be helpful to consult the FeynArts documentation or seek assistance from other users.

4. Can I prevent the "InsertFields Syntax Error" from occurring?

Yes, you can prevent the error by carefully checking the syntax of your InsertFields command before running it. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of the FeynArts syntax and how to properly use the InsertFields command.

5. Are there any other common errors in FeynArts?

Yes, there are other common errors in FeynArts, such as missing or incorrect input parameters, invalid particle names, and missing Feynman rules. It is important to carefully check your input and syntax to avoid these errors and ensure accurate results.