Operation Popeye: A true story of weather modification as a weapon

1. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,539
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

An interesting story that relates to weather modification conspiracy theories.

http://www.awra.us/gallery-jan05.htm

2. jcsd
  3. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,539
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I should have included the reference to weather as a weapon in the original title...since that's the interesting part! :rolleyes:

4. Bystander

Bystander 3,826
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Gotta wonder if this was related to the scheme to "soap" the trail.

5. Hey Ivan!

The other day on The Science Channel those two incidents were covered on the show called 'Owning the Weather'. I thought you may fnd that particular show pretty interesting considering you have expressed an interest in weather modification.

They even covered H.A.R.P., talked to the physicist that designed it as well as discussed how it was used not only to disrupt communications but also how it could be used to alter the jet stream by heating up the ionosphere.

I don't know if they will show it again and the site does not have anything available for that show except for the time listing. If you get a chance and they show it again I would recommend it.

6. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,539
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, that's where I heard about it. :biggrin:

I expected it to all be boloney, but obviously this and the hurricane project were for real.

7. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,539
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think that operation washed out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?