1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Opinions: Workload to intense?

1. Jun 7, 2012 #1
    Calc III (3)
    Physics II (5)
    Genetics (4)
    Statics (online) (3)
    Macroeconomics (3)

18 total

I am very dedicated to school and study A LOT but I don't know if I will be able to handle this. I took 19 last semester and kept all A's somehow, but they were much easier classes and about half were gen eds.

Opinions?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2012 #2
    How much time did you need to study for Calc I? II? Mechanics?

4. Jun 7, 2012 #3
    I don't know how much time I necessarily NEEDED for calc I & II but I spent quite a bit of time on them... I kind of went above and beyond and ended up with A+ in both but I really enjoyed them.

I'm actually taking mechanics right now and I'm spending most of my time on it. It's 8-weeks online and we cover about a chapter a day so it's hard to gauge how much time i would need in a normal semester.

5. Jun 7, 2012 #4
    I can't say much about genetics - I think that is the most difficult class you'll be taking - but I can tell you that statics is a very easy class, as long as you don't neglect it. I'd say your grades may take a hit, but it'll be doable. Please note that I've never taken Genetics, and the only thing I know about macroeconomics is that Austria should've been wiped off the map before its evil was allowed to spread, but I can't imagine the latter will give you fits. Just prioritize well, study well, and be willing to possibly accept less than A's.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook