Opinions: Workload to intense?

• Thread starter jbrussell93
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Opinions
In summary, the conversation covers the speaker's concerns about handling 18 credits, including Calc III, Physics II, Genetics, Statics (online), and Macroeconomics. The speaker mentions taking 19 credits last semester with all A's but acknowledges that those were easier classes. They also discuss the amount of time needed to study for previous courses and the difficulty of the current course, mechanics. The speaker offers their opinion on the difficulty of genetics and statics, and advises the listener to prioritize and be prepared for the possibility of receiving less than A's.
jbrussell93
Calc III (3)
Physics II (5)
Genetics (4)
Statics (online) (3)
Macroeconomics (3)

18 total

I am very dedicated to school and study A LOT but I don't know if I will be able to handle this. I took 19 last semester and kept all A's somehow, but they were much easier classes and about half were gen eds.

Opinions?

Physics news on Phys.org
How much time did you need to study for Calc I? II? Mechanics?

I don't know how much time I necessarily NEEDED for calc I & II but I spent quite a bit of time on them... I kind of went above and beyond and ended up with A+ in both but I really enjoyed them.

I'm actually taking mechanics right now and I'm spending most of my time on it. It's 8-weeks online and we cover about a chapter a day so it's hard to gauge how much time i would need in a normal semester.

I can't say much about genetics - I think that is the most difficult class you'll be taking - but I can tell you that statics is a very easy class, as long as you don't neglect it. I'd say your grades may take a hit, but it'll be doable. Please note that I've never taken Genetics, and the only thing I know about macroeconomics is that Austria should've been wiped off the map before its evil was allowed to spread, but I can't imagine the latter will give you fits. Just prioritize well, study well, and be willing to possibly accept less than A's.

I can understand your concerns about the intensity of your workload. It is important to prioritize your mental and physical well-being while also striving for academic success. It may be helpful to assess your strengths and weaknesses in each subject and allocate your study time accordingly. Additionally, seeking support from professors or classmates and utilizing study techniques such as time management and active learning can help you manage the workload. It is also important to remember that each individual has their own unique capabilities and it is okay to seek additional help or make adjustments to your schedule if needed. Ultimately, it is important to find a balance that works for you and to not be too hard on yourself if you feel overwhelmed.

1. What is the definition of "workload" in the context of this study?

In this study, workload refers to the amount and complexity of tasks that an individual is responsible for completing within a specific time period.

2. How was "intensity" measured in this study?

Intensity was measured by the level of effort and concentration required to complete the workload, as well as the emotional and physical strain experienced by individuals.

3. What are the potential negative effects of a high workload?

A high workload can lead to increased stress, burnout, and reduced job satisfaction. It can also negatively impact an individual's mental and physical health, as well as their work performance.

4. Are there any factors that can mitigate the negative effects of a high workload?

Yes, factors such as support from colleagues and supervisors, good time management skills, and a healthy work-life balance can help mitigate the negative effects of a high workload.

5. How can the findings of this study be applied in the workplace?

The findings of this study can be used to inform workplace policies and practices, such as workload management strategies and employee support programs, to promote a healthier and more sustainable work environment.