1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Optical Tweezers

1. Apr 12, 2008 #1

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I'm near graduating with a Bachelor's in Physics in the US.

What schools would be the best for application and engineering of optical tweezers? I'm mostly interested in its applications to neurology.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2008 #2

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Optical tweezers are simply a technique- there's many published designes out there, so any PI could build one as they see fit. There's research on trapping as well, but I don't think that's really what you mean.

If you want to perform research in a lab using optical tweezers for neurology, search the literature to find out who is doing that, and talk directly to them about working in their lab.

I warn you, though- you are interested in something highly specialized, and this is a bad thing at your scientific career stage. Techniques come and go as fashion; it's better to get attached to a scientific problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?