1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Optics help

1. Oct 2, 2012 #1
    I need help with my science review. I was sick for a lot of this so it's all new to me

I will be updating the thread with more questions the farther I go. I'd really appreciate it guys!

Q12: A light ray is travelling from a medium with a larger index of refraction to a medium with a smaller index of refraction. Describe what happens as the angle of incidence gets larger and larger. Include the concept of the critical angle in your discussion.

Q16: A clear plastic cube with exactly the same index of refraction as water, is placed in a container of water. Would you be able to see the plastic cube in the water if you looked at it from an angle? Please explain why or why not.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2012 #2
    What kind of help do you need with these?

4. Oct 3, 2012 #3
    I figured out the second one but I don't understand the first one.

5. Oct 3, 2012 #4
    It is difficult to help not knowing what you don;t understand. I think you could try explaining what you think will happen and we will see how that goes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook