1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Optics Programs

1. Aug 4, 2013 #1
    I have a very strong interest in optics with biomedical applications, and I have been noticing this field growing over the last few years; however, the number of programs seem very limited. The big programs are University of Central Florida, University of Rochester, and University of Arizona. I do not want to limit myself to applying to three programs. What other candidates exist and currently growing? Does anyone know if the Fitzpatrick institute at Duke has ambitious future plans? I ask about Duke mostly due to their strong link in medicine.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2013 #2

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I attended the University of Alabama in Huntsville and would encourage you to look at what they have to offer. Other possible programs include: Beckman Laser Institute (U. California Irvine), Drexel, and the University of Alabama in Birmingham.

Generally, you may be looking for a strong Biomedical Engineering program instead of a Physics program.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook