1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Optics Research Issue

1. Mar 31, 2017 #1
    Greetings,

I am a student doing research and I have a diverging LED array light source outfitted with a diffuser and I need it to focus to a beam width of smaller than 5mm in order to image a optical trapping on a CCD camera. My apparatus has about 10cm of space underneath it, so I have to be able to fit my light source and whatever lens configuration in that 10 cm distance. Basically, I need a cheap lens solution in order to focus as much light as possible in a very small beam with a short focal length (<10cm). Any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2017 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Are you asking what type of lens you need, or are you asking where you can purchase the lens you need?

4. Mar 31, 2017 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

What is a "diverging LED array light source"? Can you Upload a sketch of your setup?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted