1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Optimization constraints formulation for GA

1. Jun 28, 2017 #1
    Hello , I am working on a project where i need to optimize a set of values before starting my algorithm, I have never used optimization before , I read some courses about it but i still have a problem formulating my problem , I need to minimize the error function( sum of squared difference )

SSD= norm( lE1l –lAl)^2

where A is my objective result , and E1 depends on E0 (E0 is the matrix I need to change) ; my constraints are :

E1 = ifft(fft( (lE0l.* exp(-1j*phase(E0).*sqrt( K0² - Kx² - Ky²)*z1)))) ;

K0 is a constant , Kx and Ky are a matrix of ‘coordinates’ . and the values I need to change are lE0l and phase(E0) . is my constraint formulated correctly? I will use genetic algorithm in matlab optimization toolbox . the size of the E1 matrix is 2048*2048 while the E0 matrix is 101*101, how can I specify that to reduce the calculations and time used?

Any help will be appreciated,thank you in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted