Orb with spoked wheel and face

• Thread starter kadair
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wheel
In summary, a photograph was taken in a warehouse at work by three witnesses. Three photographs were taken from the same angle and position, but only one showed an orb with a spoked wheel and a possible face when zoomed in. The photo was taken with a digital camera and can be viewed more clearly using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. The photo was taken as an unexpected find during an attempt to capture similar activity in a historical district. The orb artifact is a common occurrence in flash photography and can be caused by dust, bugs, or other particles in the air. The appearance of faces and features in orbs can also be attributed to pareidolia.
kadair
Taken in warehouse at work. 3 witnesses that nothing was planted. Three photographs were taken from same angle same position and this showed up in one out of three. A digital camera was used with a flash. If you use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to open up 383.jpg, you can zoom in on the orb to see the spoked wheel and what appears to be a face. Anybody see anything like this?

I saved the photo's I just sent to this site, and I was unable to blow the pic up without losing resolution. I can send it by email if anyone wants a better look.

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 412
  • DSCF0383.jpg
    DSCF0383.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
kadair said:
Taken in warehouse at work. 3 witnesses that nothing was planted. Three photographs were taken from same angle same position and this showed up in one out of three. A digital camera was used with a flash. If you use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to open up 383.jpg, you can zoom in on the orb to see the spoked wheel and what appears to be a face. Anybody see anything like this?

Why were the pictures taken in the first place? Not exactly stellar camera work.

I had a friend at work that had taken another photograph that I did not post as there would be too much sceptism on everyones part. Her photograph was taken in an historical district and shows what appears to be someone in 1700's dress (pioneer). I had asked her how she had taken the photo, so her, myself and someone from our IT department went to the warehouse to take photo's. Only dark place around. Strange things have happened in our building. Won't go into everything at the moment. Anyway that is why the photo was taken. This was an unexpected find. Cheap camera.

It might show up better if I sent it to you by email if you want a closer look. For some reason it looks more detailed when using microsoft windows picture manager through email. It doesn't show up well on this site.

I'm not sure I'd vouch for the rest of the contents on that http://sites.google.com/site/paranormalzonex/equipment/ghost-hunting-equipment---digital-cameras" , but their take on your orb-in-the-warehouse theory might be of interest to you:
Many digital cameras will pick up 'orb-like' activity but this is generally pieces of dust, bugs or other items in the air which appear to be orbs (balls of energy).

The term orb describes unexpected, typically circular artifacts that occur in flash photography — sometimes with trails indicating motion — especially common with modern compact and ultra-compact digital cameras. Orbs are also sometimes called backscatter, orb backscatter, or near-camera reflection.

Orb artifacts are captured during low-light instances where the camera's flash is implemented, such as at night or underwater.

The artifacts are especially common with compact or ultra-compact cameras, where the short distance between the lens and the built-in flash decreases the angle of light reflection to the lens, directly illuminating the aspect of the particles facing the lens and increasing the camera's ability to capture the light reflected off normally sub-visible particles.

The orb artifact can result from retroreflection of light off solid particles (e.g., dust, pollen), liquid particles (water droplets, especially rain) or other foreign material within the camera lens. Be careful of jumping to conclusions too quickly when it comes to orbs.
My bolds.

Last edited by a moderator:
You wouldn't believe the things that my digital camera has done. I have a picture of a snowflake in my living room. I'll find it and post it.

Here are my "orbs with spokes" in my new house when I moved in. It's at the top of the picture above the right side of the tv.

Attachments

• tv orb.jpg
    tv orb.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 421
  • tv orb 1.jpg
    tv orb 1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Ok...here's the post the friend took in the historical district of our city.

Attachments

• PB231227_227_400.jpg
    PB231227_227_400.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 412
kadair said:
Ok...here's the post the friend took in the historical district of our city.
Cool effect, but it's just smoke. If you notice, part of what makes you think the face has features are actually tree branches. I have a "ghostly fog" that appeared in an outside planter.

Last edited:
RUN Evo! GET OUT OF THERE! :eek:
Evo, post when you are in a safe place!
I am so scared for you... omg... please... :cry:
Orbs WILL eat your cookies without mercy! :cry:
They leave nothing behind... :frown:... nothing.

Evo said:
[...] part of what makes you think the face has features are actually tree branches.
The other part is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia" .

Lacy33 said:
RUN Evo! GET OUT OF THERE! :eek:
Evo, post when you are in a safe place!
I am so scared for you... omg... please... :cry:
Orbs WILL eat your cookies without mercy! :cry:
They leave nothing behind... :frown:... nothing.
It did, I have no cookies. I have another picture where there are 6 of them around my dog.

gnurf said:
The other part is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia" .
Yes, that's very common, I see faces in wallpaper, curtains, bath towels...

Evo said:
It did, I have no cookies. I have another picture where there are 6 of them around my dog.

Yup! They are trying to take your dogs cookies! :mad:
I looked again and see one of thoes frisky orbs trying to unplug that super dupper dinky TV you have there. I mean, How can you even see that thing? :bugeye: Do you all have to watch it one at a time or what?
Now I have a nice 13" set that is about ... oh, 10 years old. That is good size... If you just want sound. :yuck:

Lacy33 said:
Yup! They are trying to take your dogs cookies! :mad:
I looked again and see one of thoes frisky orbs trying to unplug that super dupper dinky TV you have there. I mean, How can you even see that thing? :bugeye: Do you all have to watch it one at a time or what?
Now I have a nice 13" set that is about ... oh, 10 years old. That is good size... If you just want sound. :yuck:
That tv was given to my daughter, the Evo Child.

When we had our "religious" marraige here in this spooky old historical landmark, the photographer picked up a huge amount of orbs coming in the windows x5 before the people arrived. The Rabbis say they were relatives passed on come to bless us and be at our happy occasion.
I say they came for the cookies.
After the cookies were removed and the dancing began, no orbs! :smile: Nope. Not a one to be seen in any of the hundreds of pictures...After the cookies.

I suggest for any supernatural investagators looking to attract orbs, put out cookies. :rolleyes:

I wonder if TAPS has done an investagation in the cookie isle in a super market? :rofl:

14 cameras all pointed at the Chip's Ahoy! And of course they will use that infared dabablabbameter to see if they are actually talking to the cookies before the make off with them.

Evo said:
That tv was given to my daughter, the Evo Child.

Well she is a lucky child. I have been looking at them and trying to figure out how manage one. The cost is not so much the problem as the size. I think that TV of your is bigger than our apartment. :biggrin:

In the second photo it just looks like a really bright light reflecting off something very small.

Not seeing anything paranormal.

Unfortunately, "orbs" are one of those lovely camera effects that we just can't get rid of.

Well, unless your me in which case I can't even reproduce them. Perhaps you have to will them into existence? If you don't believe, they won't appear.

Flash reflecting off a shiny object can produce some pretty impressive artifacts, especially when imaged through a cheap camera lens with poor correction for aberrations and lots of internal reflections from uncoated or poorly-coated lens surfaces.

[@ OP] That's supposed to be a face? If you say so - it looks to me like a run-of-the-mill dust reflection.

The reason they may only be visible in one of a series of pictures is that they are close to the camera - probably within a few inches. The reason they tend to be visible in a basement is basements are dusty.

Try taking night pictures near the ocean and you'll have trouble getting them to come out at all, so many artifacts will get in the way.

Evo said:
Cool effect, but it's just smoke.
Quick clarification - though it could be actual smoke (the OP could verify if anyone was smoking), it is more likely to be condensed water vapor from breathing. The photo was taken looking up, at night, in the winter. Even if your breath isn't visible to you (because it's dark out and the vapor is thin) a camera may still pick it up.

russ_watters said:
[@ OP] That's supposed to be a face? If you say so - it looks to me like a run-of-the-mill dust reflection.

There's a face in there somewhere?

Must have ignored the title on this one (stopped after "orb").

Wow, spoked wheel - in the the zoom I could accept that :uhh:. But a face, where?

The only thing that 'spooked' me (well, was more of a double take) was in the bottom right of the second pic - there's a backwards chair with something next to it. When I first looked at it, it appeared to be a headless torso (looks like a grey shirt with tank top).

For as many ghosts as their should be, perhaps numbering in the millions. One would think, they would be in at least 50% of photos ever taken.

I'm always interested in the reasons why people supposedly end up as ghosts. They always strike me as excuses as to why there aren't a few billion roaming the streets daily (I wonder how many people have died since humans have been around) and on that matter, why there are virtually no animal ghosts.

1. What is the significance of the spoked wheel on the orb?

The spoked wheel is often seen as a symbol of movement and progress. In some cultures, it is also associated with the cycle of life and death. The inclusion of the spoked wheel on the orb may suggest a connection to these themes.

2. Is there any historical or cultural meaning behind the face on the orb?

The meaning behind the face on the orb can vary depending on the context and culture. In some belief systems, a face can represent a deity or spiritual being. It can also symbolize wisdom, guidance, or protection.

3. How was the orb with spoked wheel and face created?

The process of creating an orb with a spoked wheel and face can vary depending on the materials and techniques used. It may involve carving, sculpting, or molding the materials to create the desired design. Some orbs may also be painted or adorned with additional elements.

4. What materials are typically used to make an orb with spoked wheel and face?

The materials used to create an orb with a spoked wheel and face can vary. It may be made from metal, stone, wood, or other natural materials. In some cases, it may also be made from synthetic materials such as plastic or resin.

5. What is the purpose of an orb with spoked wheel and face?

The purpose of an orb with a spoked wheel and face can also vary depending on the context and culture. It may serve as a religious or spiritual object, a decorative piece, or a symbol of a specific concept or belief. Some orbs may also have practical uses, such as being used as a tool for meditation or divination.