1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Order of operations

1. Dec 7, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    2. Relevant equations
    The answer is 417.42 Hz in the book, I just don't know the order of operations to solve this.
    3. The attempt at a solution
    Can you explain where I'm going wrong in my order of operations.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2007 #2

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

Write down the eqn giving frequency in terms of length, tension etc.

4. Dec 7, 2007 #3
    Shooting star:

Not sure what you're saying.

I apoligize for my lack of knowlegdge. I'm returning to school to complete my diploma after being out for 15 years. I picked a course that may be a little to advanced for me but I don't want to lose the money I put down for it.

Do you need more information from me as per the equation?

Thanks
    S

5. Dec 7, 2007 #4

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

Actually, I don't know under what topic you're doing this problem. Is it under sound and waves etc or just ratio-proportion or scaling? But the fact remains that unless you give more information about why you're doing what you're doing, with relevant equations, your questions are not possible to reply to. So, for your benefit, I suggest you give more details and write the pertinent equations on the topic. Best wishes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?