1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Order To Learn Physics Stuff

1. Jul 22, 2012 #1
    OK, so this is kind of related to a thread I started in the Books section. I am currently (well, I will be in a few weeks) a math grad student. We have to take grad-level courses from a school outside of math. I want to do Physics because I remember thinking it was interesting when I took the classes, but I haven't really done much Physics since then. So, the Physics classes I have taken are just the regular freshman calc-based physics stuff and one class in computational physics (a class I got nothing out of because I didn't really understand what was being computed, so in answering this, you may assume I have only taken the first two physics classed.)

Now, my goal before I get done is to have a fairly decent grasp of Classical Mechanics, Thermodynamics and E&M. Now, I don't really know how possible this is, as I don't really know what encompasses these subjects. However, is there a certain order I should go in when studying these? Would it make sense to the Classical Mechanics before E&M? Or would it be possible to do two at a time?

Feel free to ask me any questions if you need to.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted