What Organ Is Located Just Below The Rib Cage on the Right Side of the Body?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cage
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking information about the organs located above the pelvis on the right side of the human body. The conversation also touches on the possibility of the person experiencing pain in that area and the need to see a physician for a proper diagnosis. The conversation ends with gratitude and a reminder to always seek medical advice if necessary.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Can some one tell me what organ or not, is in the human body just above the
pelvise on the right side ?

Biology news on Phys.org
Under the rib cage you have got your liver, below that the gall bladder, also on the right side is the appendix of your bowel, in the back is a kidney.

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/imagescooked/642W.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou, Monique, loseyourname.

Why do I get the feeling that the unasked question is: "Can anyone tell me what might be causing me pain just above my pelvis on my right side?"

Thus it will be no more a biologic thread but a medical consultation.

somasimple said:
Thus it will be no more a biologic thread but a medical consultation.
If that's the case, then the only advice to give is to see a physician for a consultation. Even if we had medical degrees, which most of us don't (there are one or two who do around here who visit from time to time), there is no diagnosis that can be given online sight-unseen. If it's really the case, then hope you feel better Wollie! :smile:

Moonbear said:
If that's the case, then the only advice to give is to see a physician for a consultation. Even if we had medical degrees, which most of us don't (there are one or two who do around here who visit from time to time), there is no diagnosis that can be given online sight-unseen. If it's really the case, then hope you feel better Wollie! :smile:

Sorry i didn't want to cause a fuss, i just couldn't find a chart on the net, and
wanted to be informed before any visit to the pro's. :smile:

wolram said:
Sorry i didn't want to cause a fuss, i just couldn't find a chart on the net, and
wanted to be informed before any visit to the pro's. :smile:
My experience with doctors (personal and of others) is that they are not very impressed by abdominal pain (unless you've got a fever) and don't even bother to make a proper diagnosis, so be fore-warned :grumpy: ofcourse -never- a reason to -not- see a doctor :smile:

Love you all, and thanks again :smile:

What is the organ just below the rib cage?

The organ just below the rib cage is the liver. It is located on the right side of the abdomen, below the diaphragm and above the stomach.

What is the function of the organ just below the rib cage?

The liver has many important functions, including detoxifying the blood, producing bile to aid in digestion, storing glucose for energy, and producing proteins necessary for blood clotting.

How does the organ just below the rib cage affect overall health?

The liver plays a crucial role in maintaining overall health by filtering toxins from the blood, storing essential nutrients, and producing important proteins and hormones. If the liver is unhealthy or damaged, it can lead to serious health issues.

What are some common diseases or conditions that can affect the organ just below the rib cage?

Some common diseases or conditions that can affect the liver include hepatitis, fatty liver disease, cirrhosis, and liver cancer. These can be caused by factors such as viral infections, alcohol abuse, and obesity.

How can one keep the organ just below the rib cage healthy?

To keep the liver healthy, it is important to maintain a balanced and nutritious diet, limit alcohol consumption, exercise regularly, and avoid exposure to toxins. It is also important to get regular check-ups and seek medical attention if experiencing any symptoms of liver disease.