Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Organic chemistry

1. Nov 22, 2004 #1
    I have been searching like crazy for different and easier material on organic chemistry for higher level students on the net, but it's hard to find. I assume that there are knowledgeable participants on this part of the PF and I would like to ask if someone knows of a good link? :smile:

Poisonous Thallium

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2004 #2

movies

Science Advisor

What kind of stuff are you looking for? Reactions, principles, oxidations, physical organic observations, mechanisms, techniques?

4. Nov 24, 2004 #3
    I'm looking for explanations, definitions and principles. Figures would also be nice!

5. Nov 24, 2004 #4
    Such a site may exist, but generally explanations, definitions, and principles in organic chemistry are found in textbooks rather than online. Is your text not satisfactory? If not, and if you don't find a link, post any specific questions you have here and we will be happy to help you.

6. Nov 29, 2004 #5
    Allright. What I am having problems with is redox-reactions and titration. I have no specific questions. But my text book does not make it clear enough. I see only figures and numbers and that makes it difficult. I can't learn from numbers and figures. I learn from definitions, written explanations and instructions on how to calculate etc.

7. Nov 29, 2004 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are some useful links HERE .

Give it a look.

8. Nov 29, 2004 #7
    O=chem

if you yahoo O=chem you'll find a good site by that name(i like it anyway)
    it explains most of the basic organic principles

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?