Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Orion Solar Filter

1. May 28, 2004 #1
    I want to get this solar filter for my telescope. It's the Solar Filter for Observer 60 Altaz & EQ model. It was made for the Observer, but I was wondering if it would work on my Celestron 60 AZ Model (refractor)?

The guide at the bottom says what model it fits, and obviously, only Orions are listed. So I just wanted to double-check as I don't want to order the filter and have it shipped to me, then find out it doesn't fit.

I've been told it should fit perfectly though.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If Orion told you it will fit, then it will fit.

- Warren

4. May 28, 2004 #3
    Sorry, I meant that the guide said it would fit Orion's 60mm AZ model. It says nothing about the Celestron models.

I figured since both Apertures were 60mm that it would work. A friend also says it'll work, but I wanted to double-check.

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  5. May 28, 2004 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It'll probably work. If you're not entirely sure, call Orion and ask. If they don't know, ask them for the measurements of the filter, and measure your own telescope's objective to make sure.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?