Help Needed: Experienced Advice for Physics Course Enrollment

In summary, the person is seeking help for their lack of motivation and progress in physics, despite considering themselves to be skilled in the subject. They mention that they have not studied much this year and are looking for advice on how to effectively complete their physics course and enjoy working in the field. They also question why they have been slacking and suggest finding motivation from within or addressing any underlying reasons for their lack of progress.
bayan
help required from your exprience.
I consider my self quite a good physicist (I can think clear)
I really love Relativity (specially Special-Relativity.) I am good at maths (if it involves things that I do in physics class.)
I also like Astronomy (which in a way involves SR).
Unfortunatly this year I have been slack and studied maybe for a total of about 10 hours for the whole year :(
What are my options here? I know I cannot get into uni right-away (Physic course) if you have been in a similar situation please let me know what gives the most effective result (getting my physics course done, so that I can enjoy working)

Physics news on Phys.org
Why were you slacking this year? Have you lost interest in the subject? Was there some other reason you were lacking motivation to get work done? Unless the problem was due to some medical condition that left you ill or excessively tired, I'm afraid there's no other remedy than to find your own motivation from within and buckle down to do the work you need to do. If you can't find that motivation, you really should consider the reasons, such as lack of interest, a new interest that is distracting you, etc., and address the reasons head-on.

I understand the importance of being passionate about a subject, such as physics. It is clear that you have a strong interest in relativity and astronomy, and your mathematical skills can be a valuable asset in these fields. However, I also understand the challenges of balancing academics with other responsibilities and commitments.

Based on your current situation, it seems that your main goal is to complete your physics course successfully and ultimately pursue a career in this field. In order to achieve this, I would suggest the following steps:

1. Take a realistic assessment of your current knowledge and skills in physics. This will help you identify any gaps in your understanding and determine what topics you need to focus on.

2. Set aside dedicated study time for physics each day. This could be a few hours or even just one hour, depending on your schedule. Consistency is key, so make sure you stick to this schedule.

3. Seek help from experienced individuals, such as professors or tutors, who can provide guidance and support in your studies. They can also help you identify any areas that you may need to work on.

4. Utilize online resources and textbooks to supplement your learning. There are many free resources available that can help you understand difficult concepts and provide practice problems to test your understanding.

5. Practice, practice, practice. Physics is a subject that requires a lot of practice to truly understand and master. Make sure you are regularly solving problems and testing your knowledge.

Finally, don't be discouraged by your past performance. It is never too late to improve and achieve your goals. With dedication and hard work, I am confident that you can successfully complete your physics course and pursue your passion for this field. Good luck!

1. What is the best way to prepare for a physics course?

The best way to prepare for a physics course is to review basic concepts from previous math and science courses, such as algebra, geometry, and basic principles of physics. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the course syllabus and textbook beforehand.

2. How can I choose the right level of physics course for my skill level?

It is important to carefully consider your math and science background when choosing a physics course. If you are unsure, it is always better to start with a lower level course and work your way up, rather than jumping into an advanced course that may be too difficult for you.

3. Will I need to purchase any additional materials for the course?

Depending on the specific course, you may need to purchase a textbook, lab manual, or other materials. It is important to check the course syllabus or ask the instructor for a list of required materials before the course begins.

4. What are the most important topics to focus on in a physics course?

This will vary depending on the specific course and your career goals. However, some key topics in physics include mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics. It is important to understand the fundamental principles and how they apply to real-world situations.

5. How can I succeed in a physics course?

To succeed in a physics course, it is important to attend lectures, take detailed notes, and actively participate in class. Practice problems and homework assignments are also crucial for understanding the material. Additionally, seeking help from the instructor or a tutor when needed can greatly improve your understanding and performance in the course.