Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ottawa knew of Sampson's torture

1. Aug 15, 2003 #1

I'm wondering what people think of the story of William Sampson from Canada? He's the 44-year-old biochemist who was recently released by the Saudis after being held for 31 months under charges of murder. Not only was he (and others) tortured and forced into making a televised confession, but it's also been revealed that Canadian government officials knew he was tortured but continued to gloss over the issue.
    Ottawa knew of Sampson's torture
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2003 #2
    I'm thinking it is ok for Canadians to get tortured, because they are anti-American...and especially by Saudi Arabia, because they are our friends.
  4. Aug 15, 2003 #3

Ah! yes..this is what your CONSCIOUS mind may be thinking but..it's obvious your SUBCONSCIOUS mind is thinking that if this isn't anti-somethingism amercanism rightwingism then you must by force of habitism answer with a sarcasmism! [b(] OLE!
  5. Aug 15, 2003 #4
    No, it is just my normal reaction to human-rights violations by "friends" of the American oil companies or the religious Right, or when Americans are not involved.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?