News Ottawa knew of Sampson's torture

• Thread starter kat
  • Start date

kat

I'm wondering what people think of the story of William Sampson from Canada? He's the 44-year-old biochemist who was recently released by the Saudis after being held for 31 months under charges of murder. Not only was he (and others) tortured and forced into making a televised confession, but it's also been revealed that Canadian government officials knew he was tortured but continued to gloss over the issue.
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030813.usamp0813/BNStory/National/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero

I'm thinking it is ok for Canadians to get tortured, because they are anti-American...and especially by Saudi Arabia, because they are our friends.

kat

Originally posted by Zero
I'm thinking it is ok for Canadians to get tortured, because they are anti-American...and especially by Saudi Arabia, because they are our friends.
Ah! yes..this is what your CONSCIOUS mind may be thinking but..it's obvious your SUBCONSCIOUS mind is thinking that if this isn't anti-somethingism amercanism rightwingism then you must by force of habitism answer with a sarcasmism! [b(] OLE!

Zero

Originally posted by kat
Ah! yes..this is what your CONSCIOUS mind may be thinking but..it's obvious your SUBCONSCIOUS mind is thinking that if this isn't anti-somethingism amercanism rightwingism then you must by force of habitism answer with a sarcasmism! [b(] OLE!
No, it is just my normal reaction to human-rights violations by "friends" of the American oil companies or the religious Right, or when Americans are not involved.

Ole.