Ouch, damn, ouch, damn, ouch, damn, ouch, damn

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a person carrying tacks in their pocket and constantly poking themselves with them. They eventually suggest taking off their pants and flipping the pocket upside down to get the tacks out. The conversation also includes a funny interaction with a cashier about taxes.
tribdog
I needed to carry around a bunch of tacks today and I didn't have anything to carry them in so I put them in my pocket. everytime I reach into grab one I poke myself.

Physics news on Phys.org
I even poked myself trying to get them out of my pocket so I wouldn't poke myself anymore. Right under the fingernail too.

it's no longer a pocket, it's a poket.

Take your pants off and then flip the pocket upside down and let them fall out.

Hmm, did I just ask trib to take his pants off? :redface:

take off my pants and let them fall out. gotcha. now what about the tacks

I bought a rubber for 50 cents and the cashier said "That'll be 53 cents" I said "I thought it's 50 cents" and the cashier said "plus 3 cents for tax." I said "Oh, so that's how they stay on"

tribdog said:
I even poked myself trying to get them out of my pocket so I wouldn't poke myself anymore. Right under the fingernail too.
Just be glad you're only poking your fingers with the tacks.

that is the most random thread i have seen in ages, top notch

you haven't been here long

tribdog said:
I bought a rubber for 50 cents and the cashier said "That'll be 53 cents" I said "I thought it's 50 cents" and the cashier said "plus 3 cents for tax." I said "Oh, so that's how they stay on"
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
How clever.

What is the cause of repeated "ouch, damn"?

The cause of repeated "ouch, damn" is likely due to physical pain or discomfort. It could also be a verbal expression of frustration or annoyance.

How does the brain perceive "ouch" and "damn"?

The brain perceives "ouch" as a signal of physical pain and "damn" as a verbal expression of frustration. These words activate different areas of the brain associated with pain and language processing.

Can repeatedly saying "ouch, damn" have any physical effects?

Repeatedly saying "ouch, damn" may cause temporary strain on the vocal cords and surrounding muscles. However, it is not likely to cause any long-term physical effects.

Why do we sometimes involuntarily say "ouch, damn"?

We may involuntarily say "ouch, damn" as an automatic response to physical pain or frustration. This is a reflexive behavior that does not require conscious thought.

Is there a scientific explanation for why "ouch, damn" feels satisfying to say?

There is no scientific explanation for why saying "ouch, damn" may feel satisfying. It could be a personal preference or a learned behavior. More research is needed in this area.